POSITION: Animal Control Officer/Kennel Technician
HOURS: 4-5 Days a week, including weekends: approx. 32hrs/week
Perform basic shelter maintenance duties including cleaning and disinfecting kennels/cat cages and outdoor runs, washing dishes/laundry, etc.
Drive company vehicle to patrol and pick up stray/deceased animals; respond to calls for service in field; meet and communicate with citizens about animal issues/violations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and apply rules and regulations including federal, state, and local laws.
- Ability to write reports and citations and keep updated and accurate logs of activity.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to safely handle dogs, cats, and other animals.
- Knowledge of and ability to detect signs of illness or injuries in animals.
- Ability to identify a potentially dangerous situation and respond apporpriately.
- Knowledge of various animal breeds, types and characteristics.
- Ability to maintain a positive work relationship with fellow employees, law enforcement, and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year performing work relating to animal care or control
- Lift up to 100 lbs
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Animal Control Officer Certification or require within 180 days
- Vaild Class "C" Texas driver license with good driving record
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND SAFETY HAZARDS:
Work is performed in a truck, outdoors in extreme temperatures, in indoor and outdoor animal kennels, and in a climate controlled office environment. Work requires exposure to chemicals for cleaning and for medical treatment of animals, including euthanasia. Work involves handling of unruly or dangerous animals.
Please send resumes to: AllAmericanDogs@gmail.com